Home

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Chris Weitz About Rob: "We Haven't Seen A Tenth Of What He Can Do Onscreen"

Can you love 'New Moon' director Chris Weitz any more? yes, yes you can. He was the one chosen to write about Rob and his official inclusion in the 2010 TIME 100 list. And Weitz didn't disappoint. Congratulations Rob! Call Chris!



Robert Pattinson


By Chris Weitz

I have to be careful about what I write here because it will be tweeted the moment TIME hits the stands. And if I say something bad about Rob Pattinson, I'm dead meat. That's the devotion the Twilight films inspire. It's certainly not how he planned it. And though I am continually impressed by the aplomb with which he handles the hysteria, I occasionally think he would take it all back if given the chance. Because essentially, Rob, 23, is a reserved, bookish sort of specimen, a guy who'd rather spend the night at the corner table in the pub with friends — a bit of a weirdo, frankly, in the best sense.


So how to write about someone who seems to answer Freud's rhetorical question, What do women want? Perhaps it's just worth pointing out that it'd be fun to have a beer with him even if he weren't Edward Cullen. That we haven't seen a tenth of what he can do onscreen. And that important things, beyond the veil of Hollywood, occupy his time too — music, conversation, ideas, a sense of the absurd. Which, maybe, explains why he never gets to my e-mails. I love you, Rob! Call me!

Weitz directed The Twilight Saga: New Moon



Photo: Time Magazine

9 comments:

  1. I wish he would leave Rob alone!I don't trust him one bit and its a very strong gut feeling.There is something like a subtle underhand snake in his so called 'calmness and niceness' that has always instinctively raised my hackles.He has done enough damage to Rob's Edward in new moon and then the DVD.
    He starts of complementary here but i can bet my last dollar he will subtly start inserting hidden snide comments in later articles.He is on a mission to harm Rob's career as much as he can.
    I though he has done as much damage as he could in editing off all Rob's scenes to thrash in NM and then complaining in the DVD that Rob runs like a girl,Rob does not look good kissing(hello!Twilight kiss-he was gorgeous).But now CW has taken to writing and he writes about whom-Rob!He is like obsessed with destroying Rob's image,just like he was obsessed with destroying Rob's beauty and his scenes in NM.
    I know people will say,"What is she going on about?CW is nothing but complementary to Rob here and Rob trusts him".But wait till his next articles start coming up and IF people are smart enough to note the subtle negatives-they will Know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right, sweetie you're a little crazy and I'm worried that you care that much about Chris Weitz and RPatzzzzz's relationship. A compliment is a compliment. CDub is awesome and it's nice he took the time at all to write something about Rob.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Anonymous,
    You're a serious nut case. The End.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Anonymous:

    Paranoid much! Put down the pipe, it is frying your brain !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I agree with the first poster. After seeing NM it was obvious Chris Weitz didn't keep his word about making Edward/Bella fans happy. He cut and rushed the E/B reunion and completely eliminated the fans favorite dialogue between the two...ruined the emotion of the reunion and the bedroom scene. If Rob isn't calling or keeping in touch I think that speaks volumes...I wouldn't either. Congrats Rob for making the list...you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Make that 2 crazies on here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am worried about how unattractive he made Edward too... wouldn't go so far as the first writer.. maybe he just didn't get how important it was to make Edward look perfect? Maybe only a woman gets that about the books??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah - saying things like "we haven't seen a tenth of what he can do onscreen." and "I love you, Rob!"

    What an ahole!

    LMAO

    ReplyDelete